"Buranovskiye Babushki" is ready for performance
The Baku Crystal Hall is ready for the first semi-final, where the Udmurt group "Buranovskiye Babushki" will perform 14th.
“The grannies are in very good form and as a phoniatrician I am confident about them. I am sure 100% that we will get the Final” – said the phoniatrician of "Buranovskiye Babushki" Katerina Osipenko. According to her, the Russian singers enjoy everything at the Eurovision and they especially like to sing on the stage.
“They are very positive and motivated. They know why they came here. However on our way to the arena in the bus we read the prayer. I told them today, that the country was proud of them, and they must enjoy the concert and this competition. They nodded their heads. I see that they enjoy every minute here. I believe that "Buranovskiye Babushki"is the national idea, which we need so much, "- added Katerina.
The stage director Sergey Shirokov shared the view of the whole team and was sure that Russia would get to the Final of the Eurovision.
- Sergey, will we get to the final?
- Of course we will.
- As a professional tell me why?
- I saw all the other participants, and could compare them in terms of training and artist charisma.
- How was the dress rehearsal?
- The dress rehearsal went well and we are 100% ready.
The Vesti.Ru reporter could talk to the vocal coach Kirill Krayushkin at the doors of the press center.
- Kirill, did the grannies have the vocal training in the morning?
- Today we gave them some rest. But we trained before every day. Before the final we will of course meet again.
- You have no doubt that we will get to the Final?
- I personally have no doubt. From the professional point of view, we are ready.
- What will you say to your students before the performance?
-Of course, I will embrace each of them and say that the next three minutes on stage they should think only about the song.
The photographer Vladimir Shirokov, who accompanies"Buranovskiye Babushki" everywhere in Baku, is also confident that Russia will get to the Final.
- Vladimir, what does your intuition tell you? Will we reach the Final?
- I think our chances are very high, I'd really like them to win, but the contest is a very unpredictable thing.
- How do the grannies react to this hype around them?
- They ignore it. They are constantly on the phone. They speak to their relatives in Buranovo and ask about house, garden and grandchildren. I think they still don’t realize where they are now.
- What are you going to tell them before the performance?
- Keep smiling!
Natalie Kiseleva, Vesti.Ru